The nonprofit is now looking for a Development Associate for its New York City offices. This position will work with all Foundation & Corporate Relations staff in identifying, developing, and managing strategic relationships with foundation and corporate donors. This work will involve managing a donor portfolio and, in coordination with the Systems and Prospect Research Manager and the Development Assistant, ensuring that the unit is provided with enough support.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing portfolio of Foundation donors (giving range $5,000 to $50,000): including direct cultivation by phone, email, personalization of solicitation and cultivation mailings, and in-person meetings.
- Identifying opportunities for enhanced partnerships, developing strategy with Development Officers and executing where appropriate.
- Assisting in development of presentation materials for donor meetings and appeals.
- Assisting with screening of corporate donors as part of larger Development-wide effort to identify corporations that do not meet corporate gift acceptance policy and enter relevant information in database.
The chosen candidate will report to the Senior Development Officer for Foundation and Corporate Relations and will also work closely with the rest of the team.
Interested in applying for this job? Here are the qualifications you must meet:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Experience cultivating donors and handling donor enquiries over the phone or in-person.
- Ability to effectively present information to donors and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to produce effective donor correspondence that accurately reflects the voice of MSF; prior knowledge of MSF’s content highly desirable.
- Organized, detail-oriented, creative, problem-solving, analytical, ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines, and to track multiple projects at one time.
Read more about this job and apply via our career center.