The chosen candidate for this position will help the Chicago-based organization build its philanthropy program over a five-year period. The position requires a multi-talented individual who can develop fundraising infrastructure and initiate fundraising programs at the same time.
Major responsibilities include:
- Build and personally manage an individual major gifts program working closely with the EVP/COO;
- By the end of year 1, launch a program that develops funding relationships with a growing number of foundations and corporations with potential to become major supporters over time;
- Take the strategic leadership role for the annual awards luncheon;
- With outside counsel, design and implement a formal annual giving program intended to raise funds, raise visibility, supplement prospect research, test messaging and tactical assumptions, and provide opportunities for smaller donors to show interest and support; and,
- Hire and supervise a Philanthropy Assistant for the day to day operations of these programs.
Qualified applicants will have a Master's Degree (or Bachelor's Degree and CFRE) and seven to ten years of experience in resource development and/or fundraising. You can learn more about what it takes to be a Director of Philanthropy by visiting the NPT Jobs Career Center.