The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Foundation in Norfolk, Va., is looking to hire a Controller. The chosen candidate will oversee the diverse financial operations of the organization and prepare annual operating budgets for the PETA Foundation and each supported organization.
Other responsibilities include:
- Oversee the Finance Department and its staff members;
- Prepare annual operating budgets for the PETA Foundation and each supported organization;
- Conduct a general-ledger review for the PETA Foundation and each supported organization on a monthly basis;
- Approve 401(k), bank reconciliation, payroll, annuity amortization, joint-cost, disbursements, and state filings;
- Prepare 1099-R entries for annuitants and state annuity filings annually;
- Prepare charitable annuity trust filings for applicable states;
- Review restricted-fund reports each quarter; and,
- Review personal-property tax returns for appropriate states.
The ideal applicant will have a Bachelor's Degree in accounting in addition to a Certified Public Accountant license. The individual should also have six years of experience in the industry and three or more years of senior-level management experience.
You can learn more about what it takes to be a Controller at the PETA Foundation by visiting the NPT Jobs Career Center.