NPT Jobs Top 5 Ways To Make Your Job Search More Productive
- Work at a library instead of at home: Doing your job search at home is not always the best option, even though it might be the most comfortable. Working at a library will ensure that you have a quiet work environment.
- Set goals: Make a list of the things you want to accomplish for the day before starting the job hunt. Having goals you have to meet can make it easier to get more work done.
- Create a work schedule: Lay out exactly when in the day you want to do specific job search activities. You could, for example, set aside the morning for applying for jobs, while using the afternoon to do some networking.
- Only apply for the right jobs: Don't waste your time applying for jobs for which you are over or under qualified. More often than not, you will not even get an interview for those positions.
- Stay positive: Don't let the disappointments that come with the job search get you down. If you get a rejection letter, just move on to the next job. You can't waste valuable time stressing over a missed opportunity.