Today's featured nonprofit job comes from the Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles (GSGLA). The organization is looking to hire a Program Manager to lead the GSGLA team in design, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of all business smarts and leadership program activities and events. Other duties include:
- Ensure that programs are high quality, cost effective, and operated in a manner that meets Girl Scouts of the USA standards.
- Work collaboratively with other managers and program team members, as well as membership, volunteer development, registration, fund development, and marketing staff, and numerous Girl Scout volunteers, to assure girls participating in any business smarts and leadership related activities and events and have the best experience possible and that all programming is consistent with the Girl Scout mission.
- Directly supervise program staff in a service center, while indirectly supervising focus area staff toward program accountability.
- Effectively oversee all aspects of program delivery for program focus area including, budget, service delivery, evaluation, and timely reporting to various departments within GSGLA. 5.Provide timely and effective communication with VP to ensure that program goals are met in alignment with the organizational strategic plan.
Now that you know what being a Program Manager entails, it's time to learn the qualifications you need to meet. GSGLA wants all applicants to make sure they meet the following requirements before applying:
- Experience in business and leadership education required, and a minimum of at least five years of progressively responsible experience in developing and managing successful youth programs with diverse populations preferred.
- Demonstrated success in working with volunteers or managing and leading teams. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize deadlines, work independently, take initiative, and maintain confidentiality in a fast paced and challenging work environment.
- Effective communicator with the capacity to collaborate with others and be a team leader and player; conflict resolution skills.
- Possess effective meeting and project management skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills, ability to plan, manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize, meet deadlines and ensure responsiveness in all customer interactions.
Head over to our career center for more details and instructions on how to apply.