Interested? Read on for more details.
The Darrell Gwynn Foundation in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., is looking to hire an Executive Director to help advance its mission: Providing support for people with paralysis and preventing spinal cord injuries. The chosen candidate will serve as a liaison to partners, sponsors, funders and other constituents, with special attention given to:
- Advancing the mission through enhanced and new program offerings;
- Elevating the visibility of the Darrell Gwynn Foundation;
- Identifying, securing and stewarding major sponsors, underwriters, donors and other potential funders;
- Creating strong partnerships while continuing to build momentum with current partners; and,
- Supervising staff while serving as an Ex Officio member to the board.
- Demonstrated leadership in a medium-sized social service organization;
- Appreciation of educating people about paralysis, spinal cord injuries and their prevention;
- A demonstrated ability to strategically manage program operations, media, volunteers, staff and fundraising efforts;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (a Master's or advanced degree is preferred); and,
- Supervisory experience and team building expertise.
If you think you have what it takes to be an Executive Director, head to our career center to find out more information on how you can apply.