We are continuing to post new opportunities to our grant page, with three more being added today from the IEEE Foundation. Two of those three grants fall under newly added categories: Technology and Human Services.
While both categories are important, we're going to feature the Human Services posting here. Take a look:
Type of Grant: Human Services
Grant Name: Applying Technology for Humanitarian Causes
Agency(s): IEEE Foundation Closing Date for Applications: Two deadlines – March 15, 2013 or August 6, 2013
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Foundation is offering grant opportunities for organizations seeking ways to improve the lives of others using technology. The IEEE Foundation supports projects that implement or disseminate replicable, sustainable, technology-based solutions for humanitarian issues in underserved and underprivileged areas.
All nonprofits are eligible to apply for a grant as long as they meet the following requirements:
- The organization in question must be an IEEE unit or a charitable organization;
- It must agree to IEEE’s Grant Reporting Guidelines (https://www.ieee.org/organizations/foundation/guidelines.html);
- It must accept the Foundation’s Grant Payment Terms & Conditions (https://www.ieee.org/organizations/foundation/requestgrantpayment.html);
- The project must be five years or less in duration; and,
- It must fit within one or more of IEEE’s focus areas (in this case, humanitarian).
Grant payments depend on the length of the project. For example, programs that are 12 months or less in duration will receive 50 percent of the initial award payment after the Grantee has completed an IRS Form W-9. The remaining 50 percent will be paid after the final Grant Report has been submitted along with a financial statement.
You can find out more information at https://www.ieee.org/organizations/foundation/grants.html
You can take a look at the other opportunities by visiting the NPT Grant Finder.