The American Forest Foundation (AFF) is looking to hire a Vice President of Development to design and implement the development programs that will provide a steady source of revenue to support the AFF mission and programs. Reporting directly to the President/CEO and serving on the executive team, this position will develop goals and strategies for fundraising programs incorporating major gifts, annual funds, government grants, corporate & foundation relations and planned giving.
The VP of Development will also have the following duties:
- Evaluate the effect of internal and external forces on the organization and its fundraising, and lead short- and long-range fund development plans and programs that support the organization's values, mission, and general objectives;
- Identify potential sources of corporate, foundation, government and individual major donor support, including the ongoing development and maintenance of a prospect database;
- Develop proposals and sponsorship agreements, in conjunction with program staff, to solicit funding for Foundation programs;
- Provide strategic focus and tactical direction on the engagement of the President & CEO and Senior Staff in fundraising activities;
- Stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, and social trends that may impact the organization and keep senior staff informed about these issues; and,
- Provide strategic development advice to senior management and program staff and identify and resolve fundraising challenges.
To find out more information, including the necessary qualifications, visit our career center. Good luck!