The Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) is looking to hire a Director of Foundation Relations. Reporting directly to the Senior Associate VP for Development, the chosen candidate will serve as a member of the leadership team responsible for engaging national foundations. Specifically, this individual will identify and cultivate new foundation partnerships on behalf of the university.
Other responsibilities include:
- Work with decentralized fund-raising units to increase philanthropic support from local and national foundations; includes cultivating, soliciting, and submitting proposals.
- Accompany University officers and/or volunteers on cultivation, solicitation or stewardship calls as appropriate.
- Assist faculty and deans from all VCU units, including the VCU Medical Center, in identifying funding opportunities and planning, developing, and submitting proposals to foundations.
- Work diligently to increase faculty awareness of grant funding opportunities.
- Communicates regularly with the Offices of Research and Sponsored Programs to coordinate fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate stewardship activities for foundation donors, including special events, campus visits, and reporting.
- Maintain accurate records concerning foundation prospect information, tracking, and moves management in the Millennium database, and update older records.
VCU wants applicants to have at least five years experience in foundation fundraising and an advanced degree or commensurate work experience. Find out more, including application information, by visiting our career center.