Chimp Haven, Inc. in Keithville, La., is looking to hire a VP of Development and Communications to lead, direct and assist a development team in successfully advancing the organization at a local and national level. The chosen candidate will have the unique chance to work at a facility that houses chimpanzees no longer used in research, as entertainers or as pets, so having a love for animals is a definite plus.
The primary function of the position is to provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of the development and communications department including the annual fund, major giving, gift planning, corporate and foundation support, external messaging and database management. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage department structure and staff and provide strong leadership and opportunities for professional development;
- Grow individual philanthropy, foundation and corporate support;
- Develop, execute, monitor and evaluate the development plan, ensuring targets are met;
- Partner with the President to plan and execute strategies for prospect/donor cultivation and solicitation;
- Develop and maintain relationships with local and national media; and,
- Oversee communications for donors through appeals, newsletters, publications, website and email alerts.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field (advanced degree is preferred, however), knowledge of fundraising best practices, a minimum of five years of nonprofit fundraising experience at senior management level, and a history of success in organizational financial growth.
You can find out more information by visiting our career center.