NAMI Delaware is looking to hire an individual who will be responsible for providing leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s mission and strategic plan through coordination with the Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, members and donors, as well as leaders in the mental health community, business, government, and the community at large.
The Executive Director will also be responsible for the following:
- Work to expand NAMI Delaware’s funding strategy and fundraising capabilities to ensure continuing
financial stability, expansion of current programs and addition of new programming;
- Promote awareness and visibility of NAMI-DE’s vision and direction;
- Oversee NAMI-DE’s housing program in conjunction with the Director of Property Management;
- Create, maintain, and oversee state affiliate organizations;
- Establish and maintain the NAMI National Standard of Excellence and the state charter; and,
- Work with the staff, board, and members to develop appropriate organizational actions and program
In order to be successful at this position, one which requires exceptional leadership skills, applicants must make sure they meet a number of criteria before applying. These include:
- Strong supporter of NAMI Delaware’s mission and a demonstrated passion for mental health issues;
- A visionary thinker, who is able to translate vision into action and motivate staff and volunteers to carry the vision forward in the office and out in the community;
- BA/BS, several years’ experience in a nonprofit setting preferred;
- Background in management of nonprofits, fiscal management, fundraising, and
- Demonstrated success as a leader working with committees, councils, and
You can find out more information by visiting our career center.