Planned Parenthood Health Systems (PPHS) in Charlotte, NC is looking to hire a Major Gifts Officer to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects capable of making major gifts. This involves recommending and implementing strategies to find such individuals with an emphasis in selected sites that secure private funding for general operations, special campaign and restricted priorities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Vice President for Development in setting fundraising goals creating affiliate-wide strategic development plans, establishing fundraising systems to support the sustainability and expansion of PPHS, and engaging the Board of Directors.
- Leading the planning and execution of major donor activities.
- Managing a portfolio of major gift donors.
- Advising the VP for Development when a donor is read to be further cultivated.
- Coordinating with the Director of Development to identify and cultivate major donors for the annual fund donor pool.
- Ensuring effective and regular communications with donors.
- Maintaining donor database for assigned portfolio.
As you might imagine, this position requires significant experience in fundraising, particularly with major gifts. Here are the qualifications PPHS wants in a candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- CFRE preferred.
- Minimum of three years of progressive experience in fundraising development, with most recent experience in major gifts. Prefer demonstrated supervisory experience of volunteers and/or administrative staff.
- Understanding of and commitment to PPHS’ goals and mission.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, as part of a team and have strong team-building skills and ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.