The CFO will provide both strategic and tactical, hands-on leadership in the entire range of financial management, from planning and forecasting to budgeting, audit & control, and cash management functions. Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, this position will oversee a team of 15 employees and will frequently interact with the chairs and individual members of the Audit, Finance, Investment and Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees.
It goes without saying that one of the key qualifications of an effective CFO is a strong background in finance. This is not, however, the only requirement applicants must meet. The Educational Alliance also wants applicants who meet the following criteria:
- CPA is strongly desired, but not required;
- Advanced business degree is desirable;
- Financial leadership experience in a complex not-for-profit organization, ideally in the human service or healthcare communities;
- Familiarity with government funding sources and protocols;
- Experience working effectively with volunteer board leadership;
- Well-versed in information technology operations;
- Extensive management experience with a demonstrated ability to train, motivate and develop staff; track record of leading change; and,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
There are other requirements you must meet before applying, which you can view by visiting our career center. Once you are sure you fit what the organization is looking for, you are free to apply.