Reporting to and partnering with the President & CEO, the CFO will lead all financial administration, business planning and budgeting for Lutheran Family Services of Virginia and serve as a member of the senior leadership team. The CFO will work closely with the finance committee and serve as an advisor to division directors, assisting them with financial planning, economic modeling and evaluating results.
This is an ideal position for those job seekers who have a strong background as a leader with a history of working in an organization that is committed to the social sector. Lutheran Family Services also requests applicants meet the following requirements:
- BA or BS in accounting or finance.
- At least five years experience as CFO or equivalent, preferably in a complex, nonprofit social service or healthcare organization with a budget of at least $15M. If coming from a for-profit environment, nonprofit board experience is preferred.
- Minimum five years (5) years demonstrated experience successfully leading and managing teams with a commitment to developing team members.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in examining, developing, streamlining and re-engineering financial and operational policies and processes for a growing organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of nonprofit financial management, generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory guidelines.
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively and clearly at all levels in the organization and with external stakeholders, with strong oral, written and presentation skills.
Find out more about this position by visiting our career center. Happy job hunting!