This renewable one-year contracted position will work primarily with Orr Associates' client, the American Nicaraguan Foundation (ANF), though other clients will also be involved. Working closely with Senior Managers at OAI, this position will develop and implement strategies for ANF in Board Development, Board Management, Major Gifts, Corporate Giving, Development Infrastructure, and Event Fundraising Management.
Other major responsibilities for this job include the following:
- Participate in direct fundraising support and counsel to Orr Associate clients;
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences, including board members, staff, donors, and outside advisors;
- Manage event and campaign fundraising planning and execution to include leadership development, committee management, major gifts, and corporate sponsorship;
- Oversee day-to-day operations and fulfillment of contracted projects;
- Manage project teams and coordinate project work for rest of team; serve as mentor and coach to team members;
- Find solutions and implement new ideas for clients;
- Conduct strategic development planning as necessary and work with boards to implement development plans;
- Collaborate with/participate in strategy, fundraising and event management functions as necessary;
- Work with clients to recruit, train and manage their board of directors; and,
- Manage independent contractors as necessary.
It should be noted that this job may require up to 75 percent of time per week spent at ANF's locations in Miami, Florida, or Nicaragua. You may also have to travel across the United States visiting partners and donors.
If you think you have what it takes to fulfill the role of Interim CDO, visit our career center for full details on the job, including application instructions.