The chosen candidate for this position will lead fundraising activities for ALA in the Metro Atlanta, Ga., area. This position is responsible for obtaining local development goals through collaboration with local volunteers and community and corporate leaders. The development manager will also assist in recruiting and supporting volunteers for area specific fundraising/subcommittee assignments, assisting in promoting ALA to local community and training volunteers in fundraising techniques.
Applicants for the position of Development Manager should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor degree in a related field;
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in nonprofit special event fundraising, community outreach, and committee development;
- Experience in corporate development and third party fundraising;
- Self starter with excellent verbal, writing and computer skills;
- Extensive local and occasional overnight travel required and must have reliable transportation; and,
- Must be a non-smoker.
If you meet all of these qualifications, head to our career center to learn more about the job and to find out how to apply.