CARC, Inc., located in Carlsbad, N.M., is looking to hire a Fundraising and Development Director to develop and coordinate the organization's annual giving, donor stewardship, and campaigns to secure other forms of funding. The chosen candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer of CARC, and will be paid a salary consummate with experience.
The successful applicant will ideally have a strong background in securing both individual and major gifts. A particular focus will be put on major donors, special events development, and implementation of projects and programs. Other responsibilities include:
- Work with the Finance Director to streamline donation processing and gift entry, and to implement best practices and top-notch customer service for donors;
- Ensure timely and accurate gift entry and generation of acknowledgement letters and other donor recognition;
- Build queries and generate reports and mailing lists;
- Uphold and communicate our shared responsibility for ethical fundraising and development practices and client/donor confidentiality;
- Empower a donor-centered approach;
- Conduct prospect/donor research and wealth screenings;
- Play an active role in the creation and implementation of donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies; and,
- Work with the CEO to build and launch a signature fundraising event(s) and other vehicles for donor engagement.
As with any job, there are some requirements candidates must meet to be considered. Here are the qualifications CARC wants from applicants:
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience;
- 4+ years in a fundraising and development specific role;
- Computer literate and Microsoft Office proficient;
- Flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends, as needed;
- Website and social media savvy a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and,
- Mature problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
Read more about this job by visiting our career center.