The role of the Assistant VP is to plan, develop and maintain a comprehensive private and public sector fundraising program, donor cultivation and stewardship program, and a $65 million capital campaign, which is currently in its "quiet phase." The chosen candidate will oversee a staff of 13 and will report to the Executive Vice President of External Relations.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Successful development leadership experience, with emphasis on individual fundraising and special events;
- Experience with capital campaigns, major gifts, corporate/foundation giving, planned giving, volunteer management, and board development; proven ability to cultivate, solicit and close major gifts;
- Knowledgeable about the local and national philanthropic communities, particularly in healthcare, human services, and/or rehabilitation;
- Expert understanding of current and evolving trends and best practices in fundraising;
- Able to think strategically and create effective philanthropic support vehicles;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and inspire staff and volunteers; and,
- Genuine interest in the Kennedy Krieger mission.
Think you have what it takes to be an Assistant VP of Development? Head to the NPT Jobs Career Center for more information on the position, including application instructions.