The chosen candidate for this position will be responsible for raising funds through the Dutchess Community College Foundation in order to provide enhanced excellence in education for the College. The Director will report directly to the College's President and gives direction to the Board of Directors.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for the resource development activities of the College and the Foundation.
- Develops both annual campaign goals and long-range strategic plans for the Foundation in collaboration with the College and Foundation Board.
- Develops appropriate communication systems for various constituencies to promote the Foundation and its achievements in order to meet the Foundation's financial objectives.
- Works closely with the College's public relations department to enhance the image of the College in both the local community and within the SUNY system.
- Manages special projects and other duties as assigned by the President.
Applicants for this job should have a BA/BS in a related field (though a Master's degree is preferred), in addition to at least five years of development experience. The successful candidate will also have a full understanding of the community college mission and the ability to articulate its value and role. Qualified candidates must demonstrate a proven track record in fundraising, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to process leadership, teamwork, and consensus decision-making.
You can read more about the Director of Institutional Advancement position by visiting the NPT Jobs Career Center.