The chosen candidate will be primarily responsible for maintaining the integrity of the mission of Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids and for ensuring that the organization is working toward achievement of the ENDS of the organization as outlined in the Board Governance Policies.
The President is also chiefly responsible for meeting the organization’s critical issues, goals and strategies as established by the Board of Directors. He/she shall accomplish this through the annual submission of objectives by which to meet the aforementioned issues, goals, and strategies.
As a high-level executive position, this job requires applicants have strong credentials. These include, but are not limited to:
- Twelve to fifteen years of strategic/executive/organizational leadership experience;
- Bachelor’s degree, with preferred academic focus in the areas of public or non-profit administration and management, business, health/social sciences, or education;
- Proven track record in working with non-profit Boards and in raising significant funds or fund development background;
- Proven experience in the effective leadership of an organization and efficient accomplishment of outcomes; building business, community and donor relationships;
- Passion for the mission of emotional health and for supporting families living with cancer and grief;
- Computer literate, especially with (donor) databases and accounting software; and,
- Ability to demonstrate deep community and business connections within the west Michigan community, along with experience and/or willingness to make funding requests.
You can learn more about this job, including how to apply, by visiting the NPT Jobs Career Center.