The chosen candidate for this position will work directly with ALJA's Founder and Artistic Director (AD) to establish a strategic vision and organizational goals, for all of the programs of the organization. The Executive Director will serve as the leader, chief fiscal officer and executive officer, as well as the major fundraiser of the organization.
Other responsibilities include:
- Aggressively seeking new funding, both public and private, through grants and donations.
- Seeking out performance opportunities and residencies by cultivating relationships with performance presenters, academic institutions, and booking agents.
- Overseeing program development and the cultivation of new audiences.
- Managing and administering staff to ensure that the flow and operations are effective and efficient.
- Serving as liaison with The Fund for the City of New York, the ALJA’s current fiscal sponsor.
- Development of a volunteer staff.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree and no less than 6 to 10 years of prior experience in jazz, music, or arts education development and administration fields. You can read the full job description and apply by visiting the NPT Jobs Career Center.