The goal of Best Start Communities is simple: To invest tobacco tax revenue in programs that improve the lives of children in Los Angeles County. The Director of this program will be responsible for providing day-to-day management of a team of twenty-five plus employees who are responsible for design and implementation of the overall effort.
The chosen candidate will also have the following duties:
- Ensures that Best Start Communities Department implementation activities are aligned and coordinated with related activities at the community, County, and State levels.
- Directs, coordinates, supervises and authorizes departmental reports, board materials and special presentations.
- Makes presentations to Commissioners, top management and local communities.
- Stays abreast of emerging trends in the fields of family strengthening and healthy communities, including evidence based and most promising practices, and public policy.
- Leads departmental internal capacity building – including professional and team development, programmatic understanding, functional expertise, clarity of roles and responsibilities and standards for operational excellence.
You can find out more about this position by visiting the NPT Jobs Career Center.