As you might expect given the position, the chosen candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks. This includes interaction with the Board of Directors, financial affairs, and overall management of the Foundation's staff. Below are highlights of some of the Executive Director's main responsibilities:
- Ensures that the Board is kept fully informed of operations of the Foundation and of significant issues or conditions that may affect the Foundation.
- Develops, recommends, and upon Board approval, implements plans and programs to obtain financial resources for Foundation activities.
- Responsible for all personnel matters, including hiring, supervision, performance appraisal, salary administration and termination of staff and consultants in consultation and prior review by the Performance Review Committee.
- Develops Foundation policies and procedures as needed and oversees office support services.
- Assists with coordination and development of fund raising, public relations and marketing.
- The Executive Director represents - or arranges for representation of - the Foundation with local, state, regional and national bodies of media.
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor's degree in a related field, though an advanced degree is preferred. Applicants should also have extensive management experience in the nonprofit sector, especially in higher education, and government affairs.
Think you are qualified to lead the VTV Foundation? Head to the NPT Jobs Career Center for a complete description of this job, and to apply.