Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nonprofit Career Round-Up: 5/18/2011

What ever happened to those May flowers anyway?  If you live on the East Coast (specifically, anywhere from Baltimore to New York), you probably know what I'm talking about.  Personally, I'm looking forward to whenever nature decides to send us a full week of sunshine.  Here are today's non profit job links while you dream about nicer weather:

  • 'How to Help Your Job Network Think of You'-Are you worried that people in your career network are not thinking of you when new job openings come up?  Tim Tyrell-Smith from USA News has some tips that will make you more memorable to them.
  • 'Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate for the Job'-This is as about a helpful link as I can share with you.  It's from The Career Catalyst blog, and it's a list put together HR VP's and Directors of what they look for in job candidates for their firms.  A very insightful read.
  • 'The Resume is Dead, the Bio is King'-I'm not sure I actually agree with this, but it's an interesting idea.  I still think resumes have their place in the job search, but I will admit that the author does make some good points.  You should still be making resumes, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment