Monday, May 2, 2011

Nonprofit Career Round-Up: 5/2/2011

As I'm sure you have all heard by now, Osama bin Laden was killed yesterday, marking the end of the line for the leader of the Al Qaeda terrorist network, and one of the masterminds behind the horrific 9/11 attacks. It's hard to say for sure whether the families of 9/11 victims will find closure in this news all these years later.  Before I get to today's nonprofit job links, I'd like to link you to this story just posted by The NonProfit Times; it's about how 9/11 charities will fair after the death of bin Laden.  It's definitely an interesting read.  Anyway, on with the normal routine...

  • Here is yet another great post by Job-Hunt.org.  This one shows a sample resume and lists things that are wrong with it.  If you are having trouble with your nonprofit resume, I highly recommend reading this post.
  • Not to toot my own horn here, but I would like to direct you to this post I wrote on our nonprofit job board.  It's about how to use Twitter to your advantage during your job search.  Yeah, I know: shameless self-promotion.
  • 'Interview Tips for College Students'-The title says it all, really.  I've already written a lot about college graduates, so I thought this would be an appropriate article to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment