Monday, July 11, 2011

NPT Jobs Recommends: 7/11/2011

The beautiful yet horrible weather continues this week on the east coast.  Although the skies have been blue, the heat has been almost unbearable.  Luckily air conditioning exists.

  • 'Sorry Gang.  It Takes Effort'-An interesting post on job boards.  The author believes they should be used mainly as a tool, not a primary source for your job search.
  • 'Motivation Monday: Visualization'-The Career Sherpa writes up a useful meditation-like exercise on how you can visualize your perfect job.  This isn't for everybody, but I find it very fascinating and I think it could be useful for a lot of people out there.
  • 'Are Job Fairs a Good Use of Your Job Search Time?'-Job fairs are definitely a good use of your time, but you should definitely heed the advice of this article: Before you attend, make sure there are organizations there that are of interest to you and, most importantly of all, make sure they are actually hiring.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for referencing my post!

    You are right, it may not work for everyone. However, I found when I went through a similar exercise several years ago, it helped me clarify my longer term career vision!

    Great to know about your site dedicated to helping those seek and find nonprofit employment!

    ReplyDelete