The Provo, UT-based organization is looking to hire a Major Gifts Officer to help cultivate donors and foundations capable of high-end gifts. The chosen candidate will accomplish this by developing and managing relationships with donors, prospective donors, and private foundations. Other duties include:
- Establish and work toward meeting specific financial goals;
- Develop long-term philanthropic relationships with existing and potential high dollar donors;
- Solicit individual donations in telephone and face-to-face meetings;
- Oversee foundation outreach;
- Represent the agency’s point of view accurately and actively to the public;
- Willingness and ability to accept additional projects and responsibilities as necessary;
- Complete research to identify individual prospects and donors; and,
- Prepare regular status reports on budget projections, proposals pending, and cultivation process
- Two to four years progressive experience in fundraising development, with most recent experience in major gifts preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising with individuals and foundations.
- Proven expertise in taking initiative, and building and maintaining strong rapport and positive relationships with diverse audiences.
- Personal belief in mission, vision, values and goals of the agency.
If you meet all of the above qualifications, head to our career center to read more about the job, including directions on how to apply.