The Wye River Upper School is looking to hire a Director of Development. Working closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees, this individual will work to create a development plan designed to advance the goals and meet the needs of the school. Other responsibilities include:
- Embrace and articulate the unique mission of Wye River Upper School;
- Organize the current capital campaign, by maintaining the database, researching prospective donors, prioritizing campaign activities and events, assisting in the development of cultivation and solicitation plans for prospective donors;
- Develop an annual giving program that educates constituents and involves them in peer-to-peer solicitation;
- Develop a plan to increase alumni, parent, and grandparent support of, and involvement in, the institution;
- Assist the Executive Director in creating a regular, coordinated communication strategy for outreach to the school’s donors and prospective donors;
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and leading a volunteer staff to carry out selected activities of the development program;
- Keep the Executive Director and the appropriate board committees informed on a weekly basis of all development activities;
- Seek professional development for the purpose of staying current with development initiatives; and,
- Perform other development duties as assigned by the Head of School.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Development will have a strong background in fundraising, and should enjoy working in a student-centered environment. The School is specifically looking for applicants with the following traits:
- Bachelor's/Masters degree in related field.
- Experience in development/advancement in non-profits, independent schools.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have proven success and appreciation for meeting new people and developing relationships in a variety of school communities.
- Must demonstrate ability to manage a variety of campaigns/projects.
- Must be willing to learn and utilize a variety of Web based tools including social media.
You can find out more information by visiting our career center.