CARC, Inc., a nonprofit that helps children with disabilities, is looking to hire for this position immediately. The successful candidate will be someone with a proven track record developing and coordinating annual giving, donor stewardship and securing other forms of giving. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Development Director will play an instrumental role in creating and implementing a robust and diverse fundraising and development strategy at CARC, Inc.
In terms of day-to-day fundraising activities, the Development Director will be responsible for:
- Serving as the first point of contact for prospective donor and current donor questions, needs, and concerns;
- Working with the Finance Director to streamline donation processing and gift entry, and to implement best practices and top-notch customer service for donors;
- Ensuring timely and accurate gift entry and generation of acknowledgement letters and other donor recognition;
- Building queries and generate reports and mailing lists; and,
- Integrating fundraising and development activities with marketing and communications.
The ideal candidate for this job will meet the following requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience.
- 4+ years in a fundraising and development specific role.
- Computer literate and Microsoft Office proficient.
- Flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Website and social media savvy a plus.
Interested in this position? Head to our career center for more details, including information on how to apply.