This job is perfect for those individuals that have a good amount of experience with fundraising. The position will be in charge of all strategic development initiatives including constructing, articulating, and implementing a successful development plan. The chosen applicant will also be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop and execute a strategy to expand current fundraising efforts to include, but not limited to: High net- worth individuals, government contracts, grant writing and events.
- Coach board and staff in all aspects of the fundraising process and how to ask for money.
- Develop consistent messaging and brand maximization through strategic use of media, communications and technology along with managing and monitoring all donor relationships and communications.
- Responsible for leading, mentoring, and recruiting staff with necessary experience to build-out the desired development team.
Although the position is based in New York, it is not necessary to live there to apply (it is preferable, however). Here are some other qualifications you should meet before applying:
- 7-plus years of professional development experience primarily with face-to-face major gift solicitation.
- Demonstrated history of raising money for organizations with budgets over $5 million.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Entrepreneurial and client-driven approach with a passion for the deaf-blind population.
- Experience with Raisers Edge, database management and common software applications.
- Bachelors’ degree required, Masters’ degree preferred.