The St. Paul, Minn.-based organization is looking to hire an individual who will head up its Energy Program. The chosen candidate will be responsible for strategic leadership and day-to-day management of the program. This position also involves advocacy on a range of clean energy issues at the state, regional, and national levels. Other duties include supervising staff and fundraising for the program.
The Energy Program Director should be capable in a variety of different roles. With this in mind, here are the qualifications you must meet to be considered for the job:
- Master’s degree in environmental science, applied economics, public policy, or related field.
- Ten years of senior program and management experience working on a wide-range of energy issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise on energy issues, including ability to analyze and prepare relevant technical and economic information.
- Experience managing professional and administrative staff and preparing and implementing annual budgets.
- Successful track record in nonprofit fundraising. •Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with a diverse array of staff, volunteers, colleague organizations, government agencies, legislatures, stakeholders, and donors.