Chimp Haven, Inc., in Keithville, LA, is looking for a President to help lead the organization into the future. The ideal candidate will possess proven leadership abilities, including strategic implementation, fundraising, dealing with the public as well as governmental entities and excellent management skills.
Below are some of the other duties and responsibilities that the President of Chimp Haven will have:
- Work with Board of Directors to achieve organizational goals.
- Assist in recruiting new Board of Directors, Trustees and Committee Members.
- Align staff effort with goals of strategic plan and organizational mission.
- Evaluate organization and external environment to capitalize on opportunities and reduce threats.
- Serve as Institutional Official for animal care and use.
- Appoint members to the Sanctuary Chimpanzee Care Committee.
- Assure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations and standards in regard to animal care, financial management, human resources.
- Monitor and provide input to the Compensation Plan annually or as needed.
- Represent organization to media, professionals, donors and public.
- Oversight of Development Program (fundraising and communications), including creation and assessment of annual development plan, coordination of annual fund, major donor work, grants, events, direct mail programs, and ensure compliance with gift acknowledgement procedures.
- Write or edit materials produced by organization, including newsletter, email communications, website posts, direct mail, donor correspondence, reports, government communications and reporting requirements.
There are a lot more listed in the job description, so be sure to read the rest on our career center, as well as the requirements you must meet in order to be considered. Good luck!