The Yellowstone Association (YA) is looking to hire a Director of Finance and Administration to work with the organization's Executive Director in an effort to provide additional educational support for Yellowstone National Park. The chosen candidate will serve as a mentor and coach to help increase the financial literacy and compliance of staff throughout the organization, along with other responsibilities. These include:
- Continuously assess organizational performance in relation to the organization’s annual budget and strategic goals;
- Develop cash flow projections and long-term budget plans to guide the organization’s growth based on strategic priorities;
- Work collaboratively and effectively with park partners, including National Park Service, park concessioners and Yellowstone Park Foundation;
- Attend board and committee meetings;
- Direct the annual planning and budgeting process with the Executive Director;
- Oversee all accounting activities, including payroll, general ledger, accounts payable/receivable, and balance sheet;
- Foster a staff culture that encourages commitment to YA’s mission and strategies; and,
- Oversee employee benefits and serve as trustee for retirement program.
At least seven years of experience in a senior financial role is required for this job, preferably as a CFO or equivalent in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $5 million. The ideal candidate has also had full responsibility for human resource functions. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, CPA or advanced degree in a closely related field strongly preferred; PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
If you think you can thrive successfully as a Director of Finance and Administration, head to our career center to find out how you can apply for this job.