The Director of Advancement will be focusing primarily on major gifts for the School's 50th anniversary in 2015. Reporting to the Head of School, the Director of Advancement will take primary responsibility for planning and executing Purnell’s capital and endowment fundraising strategies. The chosen candidate will also work to improve the School's unrestricted and field of interest endowment.
Other responsibilities include:
- Conducting in-person meetings as well as telephone conversations with constituents and will manage prospects from identification through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
- Overseeing research and information management, maintain database files and records in Raiser’s Edge to ensure proper tracking of gifts, actions, and solicitations for all constituents; and,
- Preparing reports on prospects for further cultivation and solicitation with the Head of School on special writing projects including solicitations, proposals, newsletters and brochures and provide additional support on events including cultivation, alumnae relations, and all-school programs.
If you are interested in this job, we recommend you apply as soon as you can. But before you do, make sure that you meet the following requirements laid out by the Purnell School:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies.
- Well organized and task-oriented.
- Able to work closely with volunteers and students.
- Have an understanding of basic database programs and computer software; be willing to work flexible hours and travel.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years experience in a school or other non-profit setting.