The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is looking to hire a Health Information Systems Advisor to advise member associations implementing electronic health record (E-HR) and practice management (E-PM) clinic systems on best health information practices, clinical quality assurance/medical system audits, related clinic system administration business processes, and security.
Other responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with Member Associations, Universal Access and Organization Learning and Evaluation (OLE) teams on identification, documentation and dissemination of meaningful use of clinical system data from electronic health records;
- Assisting Member Associations in Latin America with the planning, design, and negotiation of clinic practice management and medical record systems;
- Determining potential areas of medical practice risk through e-HR analysis and recommend clinical system quality audits to minimize risks;
- Assessing utilization of e-HR in Member Associations, and recommend measures to increase appropriate utilization by health providers; and,
- Supporting diverse initiatives under the universal access to sexual and reproductive health strategic area, as needed to implement health information systems.
Now that you know some of the duties you will be performing, it's time to see if you have the right qualifications. IPPF wants all applicants to meet the following requirements before applying for this job:
- At least 10 years of related experience.
- Masters In Nursing Or Certified Physicians Assistant; Master Of Public Health: Family And Community Health Program
- Experience with Ob-Gyn practices.
- Practical experience with the selection, planning, and implementation of electronic clinical systems. Clinical experience managing electronic record systems in ambulatory clinic setting.
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish - Advanced written language skills with strong business and medical vocabulary.
- Experience working with Spanish speaking communities in Latin America and/or United States and Mexico and the Caribbean, with sexual and reproductive issues a plus.
- Essential traits include being organized, detail and deadline-oriented, able to multitask and work well in a team-oriented environment, and effectively manage communication and work tasks remotely.
- Travel required within the region, at least 30% of time.
Think you have what it takes to be a Health Information Systems Advisor? Head to our career center to find out more information, including how to apply.