Easter Seals Bay Area, in Oakland, Calif., is looking to hire a Director of Corporate Relations to increase donor acquisition by managing and growing key relations in the business world. Other responsibilities include:
- Expanding corporate and individual donor involvement in an annual event.
- Working closely with the Board of Directors on strategy and contacts solicitation.
- Working with appropriate staff to build city, state, and regional donor or prospect visits.
- Working in collaboration with program and finance staff to develop creative and powerful presentations and proposals for corporate partnership opportunities.
- Creating and maintaining a development plan to include short and long term fundraising goals to include projections, progress and status tracking reports.
- Managing database processes and internal reporting protocols to ensure meaningful and accurate donor identification, prospect management, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of all gifts related to corporate giving.
- Serving as liaison to national staff to implement corporate marketing, direct marketing and other nationwide initiative.
As was mentioned in the beginning of this post, having some kind of corporate background would be a major boost to your chances of getting this job. Easter Seals also requires candidates to meet the following qualifications:
- College degree with 4 plus years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with management by objectives.
- Must possess excellent communication, strategic thinking, organizational, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to remain focused and flexible while shifting/changing priorities.
- Ability to travel, reliable transportation.
- Must be comfortable working within a team structure.
If you meet all of those requirements then, congratulations, you are qualified to be a Director of Corporate Relations. Head to our career center to read more about the job, and to apply.