Santa Clara, Calif.-based Pacific Autism Center for Education (PACE), a special education school for kids with autism, is looking to hire a Development Director to help lead its fundraising team. This position is primarily responsible for aligning fundraising goals with institutional planning and strategy. The role also covers all external marketing and public relations work of the agency.
Other important responsibilities include:
- Development and execution of a fundraising strategy that includes individual donation campaigns, grant writing, corporate foundation, and major gift campaigns.
- Develop and implement a strategy for an annual giving campaign by building a stronger base for donations. Particular importance should be placed upon major donor campaigns.
- Develop an event strategy plan which specifies the events that PACE will execute during the year.
- Supervise donor and gift record-keeping, coordinate development research activities, and oversee the management of all records, files, and gift processing.
Now let's take a look at the requirements for this job:
- Baccalaureate degree required. Advanced degree in relevant field such as Business Administration, Fundraising or Nonprofit Administration preferred.
- Minimum of five to seven years in a director-level job in fundraising or a related field (marketing/sales, communications, public relations).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, and Power-Point.
- Experience with fundraising software like Salesforce and graphic design software (i.e., Photoshop).
Think you have what it takes to be a great Development Director for PACE? Read more and apply via our career center.