Job hunting is too often thought of as just sitting at your computer and browsing job boards or building your network via LinkedIn. These are big aspects of it, but you can incorporate job search activities into every part of your daily routine. The worst thing you could do for your psyche is to engage in the same activities every day, so here are some other ways you make progress in your job hunt every day:
- If you live in an apartment, post your resume on the bulletin board in the lobby. You can do the same thing at local stores if they allow it.
- Tell your friends and family about your efforts. These conversations could lead you to a great opportunity.
- Post a status update on Facebook or Google+ about your job search.
- Attend any networking events or career fairs in your area.
- Be on the look-out for opportunities to expand your skill set. You can never have enough knowledge.
- Check in with your college's career center for help. You can do this even after you graduate.
- Visit local nonprofits to see if they are looking for part-time/volunteer work.