The Oakland, Calif.-based organization is looking to hire a Foundation Administrator to provide assistance to the Foundation Program Manager in the ongoing mission of the Regional Parks Foundation. General responsibilities will include the following activities:
- Maintenance of the Foundation's financial systems;
- Bookkeeping and accounting activities;
- Budgetary analysis;
- Annual audit preparation;
- Tax filing assistance;
- Grants management;
- Quarterly reviews of foundation-funded programs;
- Donor relations; and,
- Community outreach.
This opportunity is a temporary job, lasting 9-10 months. It is the Foundation's intention to hire the candidate full-time after the contract's end. Compared to our last two featured jobs, this position is more inviting to those with less experience. That doesn't mean the requirements aren't strict, however:
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting and database management (particularly Blackbaud Raiser's Edge);
- Skilled in budgeting, reporting, analysis, and resource management;
- First hand knowledge of fundraising and nonprofit best practices;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in all aspects of grants management and program oversight;
- Ability to research and write analytical and administrative documents; and,
- Able to make timely and sound decisions, work independently without close supervision, and coordinate multiple tasks and priorities.
Interested in this employment opportunity? Apply today via our career center.