The Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles (GSGLA) is looking to hire a Volunteer Development Manager to develop, implement, and oversee all components of an efficient and effective Volunteer-Management System for volunteers in all pathways and capacity building roles. Other responsibilities include:
- Conduct a volunteer needs assessment survey in coordination with GSGLA’s annual planning processes to determine volunteers needed to ensure sustainability and growth.
- Build volunteer capacity and engagement via collaboration with Membership & Program.
- Build volunteer capacity and engagement via collaboration with Product Program, Shops, Administration, External Relations and other departments.
- Work in partnership with all departments to identify and create volunteer roles with clear accountabilities and needed skills sets.
- Match the skills, experiences and interests of volunteers with the needed skill sets and accountabilities within each department.
- Oversee the Council’s efforts to “open doors” for the recruitment of new volunteers from diverse and emerging populations – use multiple innovative strategies and methodologies to reach adults volunteers.
- Represent Girl Scouts in the community to foster interest in volunteer opportunities, increase visibility and identify potential funders and friends.
- Regularly communicate volunteer opportunities with all active and inactive volunteers to support re-engagement in the same or new roles.
- Participate in the development of council goals, budgets, and risk management systems and policies as they relate to the Volunteer-Management System.
Applicants must have a minimum of five years experience in volunteer management with demonstrated understanding of effective volunteer management/customer service practices. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is also essential, as is a Bachelor's Degree in a related field. Prior Scouting experience is a plus.
You can find out more about this job on our career center.